The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) at Johns Hopkins hosts the Webb Telescope science and observer information and data. This page contains some useful links to STScI and other information.
Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI)
The Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) is the root site for all Webb Telescope Science and Observer information and data.
STScI Science Site
- Science Home
- News & Events
- Science Planning
- Observer Programs
- Instrument Documentation
- User Documentation
Some Key STScI Resources:
- Solar System Observation Fact Sheets
- Performance and Simulation tools (exposure time calculators, spectroscopy simulators, etc)
- Cycle 1 Proposal Opportunities
- Early Release Science Program
- Astronomer's Proposal Tool
- James Webb Space Telescope Help Desk
NON STScI Science Links:
science capabilities and instruments
- Science capabilities and instruments on Webb can be found in the Space Science Reviews paper (external link) by Gardner et. al.
- Brief synopsis of the Webb science themes.
- White papers written by the JWST Science Working Group
status, design and plans for Webb
For technical information about the status, design and plans for Webb, you can go to http://spie.org and search for “webb" and "jwst”. On that site there are more than 500 technical articles about Webb. (Note there is a fee per article on that site without an institutional subscription.)
In addition to the above external links, here are a few science resources on this site: